Please use this page to get the summer assignments in Honors Physics and AP Physics for the 2018-2019 school year. Please scroll down to find the class that you are enrolled.
I am excited to continue to teach at Air Academy. I have been here for two and a half year. Prior to this, I taught at Chatfield Senior High in
southwest Jefferson County for 21 years. I have a BA Physics 1991 (CU-Boulder) and
MA Secondary School Mathematics Teaching 1992 (CU-Boulder). Overall, I am starting my 26th year teaching!
Please find the information about the class and the summer assignment below. The Google classroom codes will be given out in the fall, although you can enroll in prior year's classes to get an idea about how the class is structured and what you will be learning. Please note that my classroom will change until the B building remodel is finished and likely some of the class structure will change as well.
Please do not hesitate to contact me through my e-mail. My e-mail address is email@example.com
AP Physics C students
- The textbook used will be Halliday, Resnick, and Walker’s Fundamentals of Physics (8th edition) . The ISBN is 978-0-471-75801-3. This textbook will be handed out the first day of class. All methods for the homework problems will be posted on my Google classroom website that I build for 2018-2019 school year.
- This year's code for Google classroom can be found at http://classroom.google.com and logging in using firstname.lastname@example.org
- Class Code 4lhsl2 (2017-2018) (for reference only)
- Summer Assignment link is found below. This is due the second block the class meets. Answers will be posted when the Google Classroom 2018 class code is given on the first day of class. AP_Physics_C_Summer_Assignment_2017.pdf
- Fill out a Google Survey so that I have some information about you. This is particularly important for students that are new to me. .Google Survey Link
- Course Syllabus (for information purposes only) APSyllabus17.docx
Honors Physics students:
- The textbook provided will be James Walker Physics (2nd Edition) with no Web-Assign (red cover). The ISBN is 0-13-101416-3. This will be handed out the first day of class.
- If you would like to enroll in the previous year's class to see the material covered , it is linked below. http://classroom.google.com and logging in by using email@example.com
- Class Code: d9ixn3 (2017-2018)
The textbook used is Glencoe Physics: Principles and Problems (Zitzewitz, Haase, Harper) 2013. ISBN 978-0-07-659252-4
There is no summer assignment for this course.
Last year's code for Google Classroom can be found at http://classroom.google.com and logging in by firstname.lastname@example.org
- Class Code: ngnlhe (2017-2018)
Class Procedures (for reference only) Course Outline_Fall17.docx2018-2019 Schedule (All classes meet in Room 415)