Please use this page to get the summer assignments in Honors Physics and AP Physics for the 2019-2020 school year. Please scroll down to find the class that you are enrolled.
I am excited to continue to teach at Air Academy. I have been here for three and a half years. Prior to this, I taught at Chatfield Senior High in
southwest Jefferson County for 21 years. I have a BA Physics 1991 (CU-Boulder) and
MA Secondary School Mathematics Teaching 1992 (CU-Boulder). Overall, I am starting my 27th year teaching!
Please find the information about the class and the summer assignment below. The Schoology codes will be given out in the fall. Rest assured that all homework assigned will have worked out solutions. In addition, comprehensive test reviews with solutions will be used to give you a snapshot of the items tested.
Please do not hesitate to contact me through my e-mail. My e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org
AP Physics C students
- The textbook used will be Halliday, Resnick, and Walker’s Fundamentals of Physics (8th edition) . The ISBN is 978-0-471-75801-3. This textbook will be handed out the first day of class. All methods for the homework problems will be posted on my Schoology LMS that I build for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Summer Assignment link is found below. This is due the second block the class meets. Answers will be posted when the Schoology class code is given on the first day of class. (both Word and pdf files are given) Summer_Assignment_2019_2020.docxAP_Physics_C_Summer_Assignment_19_20.pdf
- Fill out a Google Survey so that I have some information about you. This is particularly important for students that are new to me. .Google Survey Link
- Course Syllabus 2018-2019 (for reference)APSyllabus18.docx
Honors Physics students:
- The textbook provided will be James Walker Physics (2nd Edition) (red cover). The ISBN is 0-13-101416-3. This will be handed out within the first week. All methods for the homework problems will be posted on my Schoology LMS that I build for the 2019-2020 School Year.
The textbook used is Glencoe Physics: Principles and Problems (Zitzewitz, Haase, Harper) 2013. ISBN 978-0-07-659252-4
There is no summer assignment for this course.
The Google Classroom Code for 2018-2019 is
Class Procedures 2018-2019 (for reference)
Course Outline_Fall18.docx2019-2020 Schedule (All classes meet in Room 204)