|LINK TO AAHS ART DEPARTMENT COURSES|
||November 2017 || >
| Sun || Mon || Tue || Wed || Thu || Fri || Sat |
|Project description||Links, Pictures & Videos:||Documents/attachments:|
|What is creativity: where do we get our |
ideas, why do we create? What can we
rely on to help us develop our ideas?
What is creativity YouTube video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weIQIthC3Ks
|Ceramics storage shelf name plate criteria:|
1) Draw several iterations of your name plate on a piece of paper
2) Your name should be the primary focal point emphasized through contrast
3) The negative space should be addressed using pattern, designs, or inventive/simulated texture.
4) Lettering should be shapes instead of lines to help make them stand out and pop
Optional elements or principles to consider:
a) Use a symbol to show one of your interests
b) Create a theme to unify the design and develope a relationship between the positive and negative space
c) Consider line or shape to create a sense of movement
|Name Plate Notes|
Elements of Art & Principles of Design
Elements of Art = EOAs
Principles of Design = PODs
2. Brainstorm/Mind Mapping
3. Sketch/Focus/Refine Idea:
Thumbnail sketch top 3 ideas
4. Research/Collect Resources:
Observe, view other artists, journal
5. Prototype/rough drafts:
Play, invent, experiment, create,
6. Revise & Produce Final attempt:
Prepare for professional display
7. Feedback/Final Critiques:
Peer & Self Critiques (Plus/Delta)
8. Reflection: Capture what you have
Start in the Center
One word per branch
Use lots of color
Doodle and create sketches of symbols,
icons, logos to help promote neuro
Expand upon themes
Anthropomorphic Egg Sculpture
drawing: converting your character to a potatoe head.
Things to consider:
1. Character/Animal: Who will you
choose to sculpt and how do you
make it original/uniques?
2. Anthropomorphic props? Human like
3. Function/Purpose? What purpose will
your vessel serve?
Jewelry box, etc.
4. Expression/Emotion: What emotion
do you want your audience to
experience when they view your
|Anthropomorphic trapped air egg sculpture rubric (recipe for success/menu). |||||
|Ceramics 1 Portfolio Artifacts |
|Pinch pot egg sculpture & Test tiles videos|
1. Making the pinch pot egg foundation =
Egg pinch pot demo
2. Creating the snout and adding expression = https://youtu.be/N6hobi3BANA
2. Adding eyes, eye lids, eye brows, texture and ears = https://youtu.be/azmEkNSJVf4
|Slump plates & Modern Art Movements|
1. Pre-flattening slabs for slab roller = https://youtu.be/du6vjS51h0c
2. Using a slab roller I = https://youtu.be/pc11mbYFuns
3. Slump Plate I = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epHjO8BQG_4
4. Slump Plate II = https://youtu.be/rZEveVGz_P0
5. Slump Plate III = https://youtu.be/K5mdAqrWDXc
|Slump Plate Steps.pdf|
|Monster/Alien "FEAR" Masks (Youtube video demonstrations)||MASK MAKING DEMO I = https://youtu.be/B0RzVzG62ao|
MASK MAKING DEMO II = https://youtu.be/q9fUeGqS3sc
MASK MAKING DEMO III =
Monster/Alien "FEAR" Masks
5 Pages/Artifacts required for the mask packet:
1) Cover Page = (Thesis statement providing context/back story) try to answer the questions of who, what, when, where, why, & how.
2) Mind Mapping = Brainstorming on steriods; 8 different colors, 25 ideas around a central theme/prompt, curved branches with a single word or short phrase, 15 simple doodles related to words/ideas.
3) Research should include 5 masks (3 contemporary from North America, 2 from other cultures) and images that will help you successfully communicate your idea.
4) Thumbnail sketches designed to be 2 minutes a piece helping to visually brainstorm ideas. (4 - 2 minute drawings)
5) Final revised sketch of your idea (20 minutes plus...) Set your stop watch or timer. Focus on the EOAs & PODs (Add spice and pizzaz) Push yourself to add your own spin and voice...
|Monster Mask Criteria:|
1) The mask must be a wall hanging design requiring 4 holes (2 on each side of the mask that are level to eachother).
2)The mask must be a remix of several ideas and contain numerous invented/novel/original elements helping to express your personal voice or style.
3)The mask must be signed on the back to include your full name, block, and year.
4)Students should be able to identify all seven Elements of Art (EOAs) and all seven Principles of Design(PODs) and students should have conciously addressed these during the sculpture making process.
5)No gapping holes should be on the side of the mask, meaning the mask should have a footprint that rests cleanly against the wall. If you can see inside the mask then the mask needs to be painted on the inside and the outside (front/back).
6)Every element must be sculpted, (no shapes should just be drawn the shapes should be incised or low relief with angles and interesting form).
7)The majority of the masks negative space must be dealt with in a significant way other then just color, i.e. texture, design, pattern, rhythm, movement, etc.
8)Reference the QVIC rubric to ensure that you have met or exceeded expectations.
9)As always with any project students should seek Jonny O's final quality check to increase the likelihood of a strong artwork and a high grade.
Wheel thrown 4" x 4" cylinder/cup with
Altering, stamping & pulling a handle for the 4" x 4" cylinder mug
Finishing steps to altering a mug
|Art Criticism pre-test||Francisco Goya's The Third of May = https://www.khanacademy.org/humanities/becoming-modern/romanticism/romanticism-in-spain/a/goya-third-of-may-1808||ART CRITICISM INCOMPLETE.pdf |
ART CRITICISM COMPLETE.pdf
|Artistic/Creative process||||THE ARTISTIC PROCESS POSTER.pdf|
|Course Policies & Studio Fees||||CERAMICS 3D-DESIGN_COURSE_POLICIES.docx|
CERAMICS 3D-DESIGN_COURSE_POLICIES_ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FORM.docx
CERAMICS 3D-DESIGN_COURSE_POLICIES_ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FORM.pdf