Student Services Mission Statement
The mission of Air Academy High School Counselors is to inspire academic achievement, responsible citizenship and individual development in a supportive environment. We offer a comprehensive and developmental counseling program, based on the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) National Standards, to support students in taking full responsibility for their social/emotional and academic potential. Through community partnership, our goal is to assist students in acquiring the knowledge and skills to become lifelong learners in a diverse society.
The student services department of Air Academy High School believes
- All students have dignity, worth and the ability to succeed.
- All students have the right and opportunity to participate in the school counseling program.
And that Air Academy High School's counseling program should:
- Be based on specific goals and developmental standards as specified by the American School Counselor Association's National Model.
- Support the mission and core values of Air Academy High School and Academy School District 20.
- Utilize a data driven approach to program development and evaluation to address the needs of our community.
All counselors in AAHS collaborate with staff and community to ensure a safe learning environment.
- All students' diverse interests, backgrounds, and needs are considered in planning and implementing the school program.